Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Help me name a character!

Naming characters are super fun!  I search name databases, look up origins, meanings, popularity, all in the hopes of coming up with a great name.  Now, it's your turn to give it a try!  I'm hosting a contest to allow YOU to name one of my supporting characters in my latest book, scheduled to be sent to publishers or self published summer 2014!

Here's how it works:

In the comments section of this blog, leave your entry as well as a brief explanation for why you picked it.  All entry's received between now and October 15th will be eligible.  Starting October 16th - October 21st, everyone will have a chance to vote for their favorite.  The winning name will be used in my latest novel.

Details and Regulations:

The name must be MALE.
The name must include a first and last name.  Nicknames are accepted as well.
The book is a historical fiction set in the 1920s.  The supporting character will be of Italian decent, although the name doesn't have to be traditional Italian.  A lot of immigrants either willingly had their names changed to fit into American society, or unknowingly had it changed through confusion at Ellis Island.  For example, the character may have been named Lazzaro Rossi but changed it to Larry Ross.
The character will be 22 years old.
The name can not be one that has popularly appeared in the news, movies or other books.  Please no Al Capone, Johnny Two Fingers, Fat Tony, ect.

Deadline:  October 15th 5pm EST.  After that, I'll compile a list and everyone is welcome to vote either through my blog, facebook account or twitter.  Voting ends October 21st at 5pm EST.  I'll tally the votes and announce a winner within 24 hours!

Thanks so much for participating!  I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment