Friday, September 6, 2013

An Interview with Lily Stover


Meet the lovely Lily Stover, heroine of A Light in the Darkness
Recently, we sat down with Brett Byron, hero of A Light in the Darkness.  Today we post the interview with Lily Stover, the story's beautiful heroine.
Me : Lily, thank you so much for agreeing to speak with me today.

Lily : It's my pleasure, Nicole.  Thanks for coming all the way out to the ranch.  I hope you didn't get lost along the way!

Me : Oh, not at all.  The Byron land is absolutely beautiful!  Did you fall in love with it instantly?

Lily : When I first stepped foot on the ranch, I did find a certain peace that I haven't experienced elsewhere.  It's absolutely beautiful, especially coming from a busier town, you know? Plus, being able to stay here while my brother Scott went through that difficult time turned out to be such an amazing blessing. Everyone here really made me feel at home.

Me : Are you referring to Brett?

Lily : (Laughs) Um, I wouldn't say Brett was leading the welcome wagon, although we did warm up to each other.  Rebecca, Brett's sister, really went out of her way to make me feel comfortable.  She's an amazing young woman and turned into a good friends.

Me : Let's switch gears a little bit and talk about Scott.

Lily : Yes, Scott is my baby brother.  Well, technically my half brother.  My mother married his father when I was a kid.  She thought she was doing me a favor, you know?  Like everything would be better if I had a father, but as you know things didn't work out like that.

Me : Yes, I'm aware of your past.  I can't imagine...

Lily : It's ok.  I mean, it's not, not really, but through faith I've been able to deal with that chapter of life.  And I think, well, at least I hope, I did the best for Scott that I could.  I know now that no matter what God's in charge, not me.  I've been reminded of that over and over, especially in the past year after what happened to Scott on the ranch.  No matter what, God's in charge.

Me : That's a great lesson, not only for you but for the readers as well.  Is there anything else you'd like to tell the readers?  Anything you want them to know about you?

Lily : Just that I hope they enjoy our story!

Me : Thank you so much Lily for joining me.

Lily : Thanks for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment